The latest upgrade to Office 365 Education may require updating your IMAP/SMTP settings.Included below are the new IMAP, POP, and SMTP settings for Office 365, as well as a short guide for updating Thunderbird and older versions of Mac Mail.
General Client Settings
Password: MyID Password
Server name: outlook.office365.com
Encryption method: SSL
Server name: smtp.office365.com
Encryption method: TLS or STARTTLS
Requires outgoing authentication. Use the same full email address and MyID password as above.
Updating IMAP Email Clients
1. Start Thunderbird, click the Menu button, select Options, then click Account Settings...
3.Click Outgoing Server (SMTP). Select the UGAMail server in the list and click the Edit... button.
4. Change the Server Name to smtp.office365.com and click OK. 5. Click OK in the Account Settings window. Enter your MyID password if prompted.
Thunderbird should now receive email using the new settings.
Mac Mail (Apple Mail)
By default, Mac Mail on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) uses the Exchange protocol for email, contacts, and calendar syncing. Some clients may be set up as IMAP, however, and you may need to update your connection settings to continue sending and receiving email through the client.
1. Go to the Mail menu and click Preferences...
2. Click Accounts, then select your UGAMail account from the list. On the Account Information tab, change Incoming Mail Server to outlook.office365.com
3. Click the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) dropdown, then click Edit SMTP Server List...
4. Select the UGAMail server in the list, then change the Server Name to outlook.office365.com and click OK.
5. Close the Accounts window and click Save. Enter your MyID password if prompted. MacMail should now send/receive email using the new settings.
Updating Android Jellybean 4.0+
Go into the email app.
Tap on the options button at the bottom right:
Select your UGAMail account:
Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select 'Incoming Settings':