Logging in and out
How do you log into the MyUGA Portal?
- Click on the “Log in to MyUGA” button near the top of the page, under the gray bar.
- When you click this button, you will be taken to UGA’s Central Authentication Service (CAS).
- Enter your UGA MyID and password on the CAS page. Hit “Log in.”
- You will then be redirected back to the MyUGA Portal as a logged in user. Your display name will appear in the gray bar near the top of the page when you are logged in to the portal.
What is my username and password?
- You must use your UGA MyID and password to access the MyUGA Portal. Your UGA MyID is the first part of your UGAMail address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org), or the one assigned to you when you were accepted into the University of Georgia.
What should I do if my MyID doesn’t allow me to login?
- If you receive an error page, you will still have the ability to login to each service by manually clicking on the links provided on the error page.
- Contact the EITS Help Desk with a copy of the error message you are receiving. If you are unsure what your MyID or MyID password is, view this article about changing a MyID password.
What is the Central Authentication Service (CAS)?
- CAS allows you to login once with your MyID and password to access multiple web-based services at UGA without entering your MyID and password multiple times.
After I login to the portal with CAS, it seems like I still have to enter my MyID and password on some services. Why?
- At this time, not all services in the Instant Access section provide single-sign-on functionality. In the future, more of those services will feature single-sign-on functionality. For now, you may be asked to enter your MyID and password again to access those services.
After I log into the MyUGA Portal, I receive an error message about being "unable to display content for you." Why?
The MyUGA portal should only be accessed with a personal MyID username; departmental and non-personal MyID accounts will receive the following error message:
The MyUGA Portal is unable to display content for you, as we¹re unable to determine if you're currently a student, faculty or staff member, based on your MyID. Please contact the EITS Help Desk at 706-542-3106 or email@example.com, to report this issue.
This error may rarely occur with student, faculty, or staff MyID accounts. If you are receiving this message in error, please contact us.
What do the buttons/icons in the Instant Access section do before login?
- Nothing. You must be logged in to take advantage of the single-sign-on functionality of the MyUGA Portal. After logging in, those buttons will log you into their respective services without the need to login in again.
Is this website cross-browser compatible?
- Yes. The MyUGA Portal is compatible with the more recent versions of multiple web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome.
Is the MyUGA Portal optimized for mobile devices?
- The MyUGA Portal is mobile friendly and can be viewed on any mobile device. Portlets and single-sign on services are fully functional, but the display may vary based on the screen size of your device.
How can I correct the first and last name that is displayed after login?
- That information is determined by data provided to the Registrar’s Office and/or Human Resources. Students, faculty and staff can change personal information by following specified processes.
Where is the sign out button?
- The sign out button is located next to your display name near the top of the page. Please log out each time you access the MyUGA Portal to ensure another user doesn’t have access to your personal information.
Why are the Instant Access buttons asking me to re-login?
- It may be because your session time has expired on the portal. Try to re-login. If that doesn’t work, contact the EITS Help Desk.
What is the Announcements section and who makes those posts?
- The announcements are posted by Enterprise Information Technology Services (EITS), which supports the MyUGA Portal. EITS is the central IT department on campus. Announcements posted in this section are primarily EITS-related.
What is UGA Today and who makes those posts?
- UGA Today publishes daily, current press releases from Public Affairs. Stories posted in this section are generated from a RSS feed maintained by Public Affairs.
What is the University Master Calendar and who makes those posts?
- The UGA Master Calendar is maintained by Public Affairs. Events posted in this section are generated from a RSS feed maintained by Public Affairs. Anyone may submit an event to be possibly included on the Master Calendar by completing an online form. Once approved by Public Affairs, event listings will appear on the Master Calendar and will be included in this section, as well.
What is the Thank a Teacher section?
- This is a link to a page maintained by the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) to honor extraordinary instructors at UGA.
|Table of Contents|
- No labels