- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This is the process for the actual user that needs to be verified. The steps for supervisor confirmation can be found here.
This will walk you through the annual User Verification process in Jira. Please note:
- Some information may appear differently depending on any previous use of Jira.
- Some information may appear differently depending on which system's access is being verified.
Regardless of the above, the process below will be the same.
Each year, the University of Georgia is required by USG Policy to reaffirm the necessity of user access to core information systems. Our compliance with this user account verification process is audited and reported to the Regents and to the State each year.
To prepare for this audit, EITS conducts an annual verification of user access for systems which house financial data.
These systems include:
- The Banner Student and Financial Aid System
- The Financial Management System.
- The Budget Management System,
- OneUSG Connect
If you have access to one or more of these systems, you may be asked to verify you still need access in the coming year, and your supervisor will need to approve that access.
If you are required to verify your access, you should receive an email asking you to do so.
This email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org and contain instructions for completing user verification.
User verification is completed in JIRA, a workflow tool. To begin, log into jira.eits.uga.edu
Click Log In. You will need to log in with your MyID
2) Your homepage may look different than what is pictured below, but you should be on the Jira homepage. On the top toolbar click issues.
3) After clicking issues, choose my open issues on the drop down list.
It's possible that you may see an option called "Assigned to me" instead of "My open issues".
4) You will be presented with a list of issues assigned to you. Depending on what is assigned to you, there may be multiple issues listed. For the User Verification we want to focus on any issues with Access Audit in the summary. For this walkthrough we will use a Mainframe Access Audit issue.
5) You should now be on the page to confirm your access for the system in question. In this guide, we are verifying access for the Mainframe. When you are ready to verify, click the confirm access button near the top of the page.
Please notice the multiple blue boxes presented on this page. Because this is specific to your individual access, this list may not look the same on a per user basis. Also, some systems (like PeopleSoft or OneUSG Connect) are only auditing certain roles within those systems. This means that you may or may not see certain systems and roles listed. Please review the full ticket when confirming your access.
6) You will now be presented multiple options to confirm you access. Please ignore the None option.
- Choose the first option if you need to keep current access for this system.
- Choose option 2 if you no longer need any access to this system.
- Choose option 3 if you aren't sure what access you need to this system.
The options available after clicking confirm access will vary depending on which system is being confirmed. Be sure to review all options and choose the most relevant option for your access needs to that particular system.
7) In this example, we will state that we need continued access to this system by choosing option 1. We will now be presented with several fields to provide additional details. Please review the screenshot below for further guidance:
The fields available will vary depending on which system is being confirmed and which option you choose on step 6. Be sure to review all fields when providing additional information.
8) After you have filled in the fields and clicked confirm access, you should be presented with a screen that looks like the picture below. Your issue is now at the manager confirmation stage. The supervisor that you listed will now receive a notification to confirm all the information you have entered.
Image RemovedAt this point, you have completed your part of the User Verification for this system. Your supervisor can follow the Supervisor Verification guide found here. Please note that you may have to complete this process multiple times if you have access to multiple systems that are in scope for this year's verification. A full list of the systems in scope is available on our FAQs.
and use ArchPass to complete the log-in process.
To view which systems require you to you verify your access for the coming year, click Issues, then select My Open Issues.
Your open issues – the systems for which you need to verify access -- will be listed on the left in the order they’ve been updated. Select an issue.
If you scroll down the page, you’ll see the different roles you have the system. You may not have roles listed in every area. For example, here I have roles listed for the UGA Budget Management System and OneUSG Connect, but no roles for OneSource Financials.
To verify your continued access to a system, click the Confirm Access button at the top of the issue.
A pop-up window will appear. If you still require access to this system, select Yes, I require this access. If you no longer need access to this system for your job, select No, I no longer require this access. Do not select None. If you select None, you will not be able to complete the verification process.
After making your selection, your supervisor must also approve your selection. Type the MyID of your supervisor into the box provided. Then click Confirm Access.
The issue has now been sent to your supervisor for their approval.
|Once your supervisor approves your access, you will be granted access to these systems for another fiscal year. You will not receive an email notifying you your access has been approved, so it is recommended you check in with your supervisor to ensure the process has been completed.|
If you have any further questions or get stuck in this process:
- For Banner tools, please contact Access Services at 706-542-4000.
- For the UGA Budget Management System, UGA Financial Management System, UGAJobs and OneUSG Connect, please contact the OneSource Service Desk at 706-542-0202, option 2, or by email email@example.com