- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
- Enrollment guide for smartphones and tablets
- Enrollment guide for landlines and non-smart cell phones
- Using ArchPass Two-Step Login (CAS, web-based applications)
- Using ArchPass to access the VPN
- ArchPass and Office 365
- ArchPass FAQs
What is ArchPass?
ArchPass is UGA's phone-enabled two-step login solution, powered by Duo. It is required for access to several University systems, including the vLab, the Remote Access VPN and systems that hold sensitive or restricted data.
To access a system protected by ArchPass, users must:
1) Enter their MyID and password
2) Verify their ID with a phone or tablet enrolled in Duo. Users can verify their ID with a push notification to a smartphone, a passcode generated through the Duo Mobile App; an SMS text notification to their cell phone; or a phone call to their cell phone or landline phone.
Who is eligible for ArchPass?
Any student, faculty or staff member with a MyID will be required to use ArchPass to access certain university systems, including eLC, vLab, Athena and the Employee Self-Service site. ArchPass is also required for accessing UGAMail and OneDrive for Business off-campus.
If you are enrolling in classes at UGA for the first time in summer 2018 or fall 2018, you are not required to use ArchPass to access eLC, vLab or Athena at this time, and will not be able to enroll devices. Incoming students will be able to enroll devices beginning August 3, 2018.
How do I set-up ArchPass?
To use ArchPass, UGA's two-step login powered by Duo, you will need to enroll a device with the Duo application. You can enroll any smartphone, mobile phone, landline phone or tablet. Duo lets you link multiple devices to your account, so you can use your mobile phone and a landline, two different mobile devices or any combination that is useful to you.
You can begin enrolling devices through the Self-Service enrollment portal on the ArchPass website. You can also enroll devices through most systems that are protected by ArchPass.
An enrollment video is available on the main ArchPass webpage. You can also find instructions on our enrollment guide for smartphones and tablets, and our enrollment guide for landlines and non-smart cell phones.
How do I use Duo to access an applications protected by ArchPass (CAS applications, vLab)?
CAS applications protected by ArchPass, such as eLC and Athena, and the vLab, have two steps to the login process instead of one:
1) Enter your MyID and password
2) Verify your ID with a phone or tablet enrolled in Duo. You can verify your ID with a push notification to a smartphone, a passcode generated through the Duo Mobile App; an SMS text notification to your cell phone; or a phone call to your cell phone or landline phone.
The EITS Help Desk provides ArchPass support via:
|Table of Contents|