- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
What is MyID Profile?
This is the name for the MyID Management/password change system. The profile aspect of the new tool involves filling out secret question and answer pairs, one's cell phone number, address, etc. to be used for password recovery. The tool is currently located here:
You will be prompted to set up your MyID Profile when you set up your MyID password for the first time. If you do not have a completed MyID Profile, you will be required to complete it the next time you reset your password.
- Forgotten Password Reset Using:
- Alternate Email Address
- Secret Question and Answer
- Cell Phone (Text)
- Set UGAMail Alias
- Click on Your Secret Questions under Step 1: Setup Secret Questions
- Provide two questions under Self Question 1) and 2) and respond to these questions
- Choose a unique question for each of the subsequent three questions and provide responses for those as well.
- Click "Save Secret Questions."
This section will allow you to choose which of the three password recovery options you would like to use in the event you forget your password. The first two options will require additional input, while the third should already be provided by this point.
- Selecting Verify with Your Mobile Device will require a mobile device that can receive text messages.
- Enter your telephone number
- Check your device for a text message with your verification code/passcode.
- Enter this code into the form. Click "Verify Passcode"
Only through special requests can MyIDs be renamed. Otherwise, users can now rename their UGA email address (while keeping their MyID@uga.edu address deliverable) by doing the following:
- Head to http://myid.uga.edu/
- Click on "Change UGA Email Address" in the left column.
- Log in with your current MyID & password.
- Click on the button entitled "Create New Email." If you have already changed your alias in the past, click the "Edit" text to the last entry in the list.
- Type in the address as you would like it to appear in the "New UGAMail Address" field. Concerning this address:
- It may contain small letters and numbers, but cannot be all numbers.
- It can contain one period but no other symbols (e.g. ,:@!).
- It must be at least two and a maximum of 30 characters in length.
|Table of Contents|