- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This guide will demonstrate how to set up Microsoft Outlook for Mac. Outlook for Mac is an upgrade from the current Outlook 2011. This software will give you access to e-mail, calendar, and more features from UGAMail on your OS X device.
Note: You can run both Office for Mac 2011 apps and the latest version of Outlook at the same time on the same computer. However, Microsoft recommendeds you remove Outlook for Mac 2011 from the Dock to make sure you are working with the latest version of the application.
The new Outlook for Mac includes:
- Better performance and reliability as a result of a new threading model and database improvements.
- A new modern user interface with improved scrolling and agility when switching between Ribbon tabs.
- Online archive support for searching Exchange (online or on-premises) archived mail.
- Master Category List support and enhancements delivering access to category lists (name and color) and sync between Mac, Windows and OWA clients.
- Office 365 push email support for real-time email delivery.
- Faster first-run and email download experience with improved Exchange Web Services syncing.
How do I Set up Outlook for Mac?
Downloading Outlook for Mac
- Log in to your UGAMail account by going to ugamail.uga.edu
- Once logged in, click on the gear icon in the top right of your screen
- Click "Office365 Settings"
- Click Software on the left side of your screen
- Scroll down below the main Office 365 ProPlus download area.
- If you are using a Mac, you will see an area titled "Get Outlook for Mac"
- Click "Install". this will download the install file for Outlook for Mac
- Once you have fully downloaded the install file, run the file.
- You will be asked to "Sign in to Activate"
- Click "Sign In"
- Sign in using your UGAMail account (i.e. MyID@uga.edu)
- You may be asked to choose if this is a "Microsoft Account" or a "Work Account. Select "Work Account"
- Enter your full UGAMail address and password
- You will be given an option to import any data you have in Outlook 2011. If you do not want to import your old data, click "Not Now"
Setting up UGAMail if you already have Outlook for Mac
- Open Outlook for Mac
- Click "Outlook" in the top left of your screen
- Click on "Preferences"
- Open "Accounts"
- In the bottom left of the screen, click the "+" in order to add a new account
- Select "Exchange or Office365"
- Enter your full UGAMail address (MyID@uga.edu) in both the e-mail and username field
- Outlook will ask if you would like to allow the server to automatically configure your settings. Click "Allow"
- Outlook should now be configured with your UGAMail account
- Note: It may take several minutes to load your inbox.