|Table of Contents|
How Do I Access vLab with My Web Browser?
Point your web browser to http://vlab.uga.edu and log in with your UGA MyID and password.
How Do I Install Citrix Workspace?
Installing Citrix Workspace is recommended for accessing the vLab on a mobile device and for saving your files on your mobile device.
First, install Citrix Workspace.
To install Citrix, find your operating system and device below and follow the instructions for installation.
Installing Citrix certificate for Mac
Save the vlab-certChain.zip file and extract the contents (usually by double-clicking on the file)
3. If prompted, select System in the Keychain drop-down and click Add.
4. Enter the admin password to authorize the changes
How long is my session active after I disconnect without logging out?
Sessions will remain open with vLab if you disconnect rather than log out for 30 minutes. During this time period, you can reopen your session from any compatible device to continue working.
Can X program be installed for use in vLab?
EITS will periodically update vLab with new software for use; however, some software will be limited due to licensing, cost, and to ensure stability and speed of the service. Contact the EITS Help Desk to request a specific piece of software.
Why do I keep getting the error message "Citrix Workspace is not currently installed. Would you like to download it now?" even after I installed the Citrix Workspace?
This is most likely caused by the new update to Google Chrome. Specifically, the disabling of Java disables Chrome's ability to find the Citrix Workspace. To enable Java on chrome:
- Navigate to chrome://flags
- Enable NPAPI (should be the 10th item in the list)
- Click the 'Relauch Now' button at the bottom of the page
- Navigate to chrome://plugins and make sure Java(TM) is enabled
This should enable vlab to work properly.
How to access local drives from vLab
- From the first Vlab page (vlab.uga.edu), once you are logged in – click your name and in the drop-down menu select “Activate”.
- Vlab should prompt you to download a configuration file (ending in .cr). Download the file and find it in your “downloads” folder. Double-click the file and click “ADD” to add UGA as a safe vlab source.
- Start citrix by clicking the black Citrix Workspace icon (in Windows) or by searching for Citrix with the Spotlight feature (in Mac OS X)
- Log in to the Citrix Workspace
- From the left hand side “+” icon, add the Vlab Application. Once added, double click the Vlab Icon to log in.
- Once logged in, your local drives should be available.
How to Access your Computers Local Shares from Citrix Workspace