- Created by Unknown User (wesj06), last modified on Apr 03, 2019
This article goes over how to setup your UGA MyID Profile.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com. This email will be sent to the alternative email you provided to the University:
- Students - this will be the email given when you apply to UGA.
- Employees - this will be the email you give your department when they fill out the MyID Request form on your behalf.
- Affiliates - this will be the email you give your UGA Representative when they fill out the MyID Request form on your behalf.
- This email will contain your MyID username, and instructions for setting up your MyID password.
- Click the MyID password setup link included in the email. It will look like: "myidprofile.uga.edu/passwordReset/initial".
- You should now be on the MyID Password Reset page. Insert you MyID username, and click verify MyID on the bottom left of the page.
- On the Change Your MyID Password page, set your password. UGA password guidelines are detailed at the bottom of this page.
- Once you have entered your password, click change password on the bottom right of the page.
- At this point, you should be on a page that states the password change was successful. Now click login on the bottom right of the page.
- Login in with your MyID username, and your newly created MyID password.
- You are now logged into the MyID Profile Page. From here you will need to:
Setup your Security Questions
- On the MyID Profile Page, click Your Secret Questions, located under step 1.
- The first 2 questions are your Self Questions. Both the questions and answers are created by you. Fill these in with questions and answers you can remember, but also can't easily be found out. If someone can find it on Facebook, don't use it.
- The remaining 3 questions are your Security Questions. You will choose one of the available questions, and then supply answers for each. Make sure they are answers you can remember!
- Once all the questions and answers are filled in, click Save Secret Questions located on the bottom left of the page.
Setup your verification method
To verify using your mobile device:
- Under step 2, click verify with your mobile device.
- Insert the phone number for the mobile device you want to use, and click Register Mobile Phone.
- Your phone will receive a text message that has a passcode. It may take up to 30 minutes to reach your phone.
- Insert the passcode you received, and your device is now registered!
To verify using an external (non UGA) email:
- Under step 2, click verify with external email.
- Insert the email address you would like to use. Please note that this shouldn't be your UGAMail address.
- Click Register Email Address.
- It will ask you for a passcode. Go to the email address you entered. An email from us will contain the passcode. It may take up to 30 minutes to reach your email.
- Insert the passcode you received, and your email is now registered!
Sometimes, the passcode you receive may not work on the first try. If you receive an error message, wait 5 minutes and try again. If you continue to experience issues, please give the EITS Help Desk a call at 706-542-3106.
The profile setup link included in the email is only valid for 15 days. If you are unable to complete the MyID setup process after clicking the link, you can request support by calling the EITS Help Desk at 706-542-3106.
EITS Help Desk
Chat with a Help Desk Consultant