- updated Sep 16, 2021
- view change
- attached Aug 26, 2021
This article will go over how to connect your Smart TV to the internet here on campus.
Smart TVs and Apple TVs are not supported by the PAWS-Secure wireless network but can be connected via Ethernet cable. If your smart TV does not have Ethernet capability, it will not be able to connect to the campus Internet.
Students are responsible for purchasing their own Ethernet cable for Internet service.
Before you can access the Internet with your smart TV, you will have to register the device with UGA.
You will need to know your smart TV’s MAC Address, a unique number assigned by the manufacturer to distinguish a device on a network.
Make sure you register the Wired MAC address. It can also be the physical address, LAN or RJ45.
This process can be done via a laptop or phone by accessing UGA’s Device Registration Portal (DRP) website at drp.uga.edu.
To register your smart TV:
1. Visit drp.uga.edu on any laptop or phone.
2. Read the description and policy. Click Accept at the bottom of the page.
3. Provide your MyID and password to log in
4. Once logged in, you will see the device registration page. Scroll down to MAC Address.
5. You will need to know the MAC Address of your smart TV. If you don’t have it on hand, there are steps to get the MAC address for your manufacturer and model.
6. Once you have the MAC Address of your smart TV, type it in the MAC Address field.
7. Under Description, type a general description, such as “Smart TV.”
8. Under Device Type, scroll to select Other Devices.
9. Click Register.
10. Wait 10 minutes for registration to take effect then restart your device. Your TV will connect to the network on startup.
If you need technical assistance, please contact the EITS Help Desk at 706-542-3106. Please advise the Help Desk you are having issues with receiving Internet service on your smart TV.