- Created by Unknown User (petkot), last modified by Unknown User (kerriuga) on Aug 26, 2016
What is the Online Directory?
The Online Directory, also known as the White Pages or People Search, provides contact information about students, staff, and faculty members at UGA. A typical entry includes an individual's phone number, postal address, e-mail address, departmental affiliation, and job title.
How Do I Access the Online Directory?
Type the name of the person you are trying to contact in the search field and press the search button (or hit Enter).
Access to People Search
Access to the UGA Directory and the People Search application is limited to the UGA campus network.
This change is part of the ongoing efforts to improve information security and help protect the privacy of UGA students, faculty, and staff.
If you are a UGA student, faculty or staff member and need to access the UGA Directory or People Search, you will need to log in to the Central Authentication Service (CAS) if you are off the campus network. If you are on the campus network, you do not need to log in to CAS.
You can also ask for name and telephone information by contacting UGA Directory Assistance at 706-542-3000.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change my information in the online phonebook?
- Change all address information via Athena. Specifically, under Student Records --> Change Address Information
- Restrict directory information by enabling a FERPA Restriction. This is done by contact the Registrar's Office (706-542-4040).
- Students wanting to change their name must fill out and submit a Name Change form to the Registrar's Office.
- All official email communications to UGA faculty and staff from administrative systems are sent only to UGAMail addresses. All faculty and staff are given a UGAMail address that includes their MyID. UGA faculty and staff can no longer request to have their UGAMail addresses removed from the online directory.
- Contact a Departmental Human Resources representative to have all other information changed. This is typically an administrative person in the department who manages personnel reports with Human Resources. Once Human Resources makes the change it will be reflected in the online directory the next business day.
How do I restrict my information in the online phonebook?
- UGA faculty and staff can no longer request to have their UGAMail addresses removed from the online directory.
- All other information will be displayed on the online directory based on Human Resources data.
- Students (including graduate students) can restrict their directory information by contacting the Registrar's Office at 706-542-4040.
- The above process enables a FERPA restriction, which restricts other information as well. Read more about FERPA below.
What is a FERPA restriction?
A FERPA restriction is a privacy option. Details about FERPA can be found at:
Basically, FERPA has the following repercussions:
- It removes all evidence of the individual from the online directory
- It removes all evidence of the individual from the printed directory.
- It removes the individual from any/all UGA press releases (this includes things like the published Dean's List)
- It removes the individual from any/all Commencement Lists
- If any third party contacts UGA to confirm information about a student (even legitimate ones like credit card companies or prospective employers), UGA cannot disclose any information on an individual by that name.
- This restriction is persistent after graduation.
|Table of Contents|
- No labels