Connecting an account to UGAMail will allow you to send and receive mail through that account. For example, if you connect a Hotmail account, you will be able to check your Hotmail messages, as well as send messages from that account.
Important: Before you begin this process, make sure POP3 or IMAP access is enabled in the mail account you wish to connect to UGAMail. Check with your email provider if you are unsure if it is turned on (for services such as Gmail, you will need to turn this on yourself). Instructions and are typically available on the provider's website.
- Log into your UGAMail account from the web.
- Click on the gear in the top right hand corner.
- Select Options
- On the left side of the page, click on "Connected Accounts" and then click "+"
- In the window that appears, fill in the email address of the account you're trying to connect to UGAMail and its password.
- Click Next. Outlook will automatically try to configure the server settings for this account (auto-discover). This may take a few moments.
- If asked to use an unsecured connection, choose "Yes."
- You may have to manually enter the connection information if auto-discover fails.
- Your new mail account will appear in the list of connected accounts. Depending on the number of messages, it may take several minutes to download.